- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 309
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 34g
- Sugar Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 14g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 1g
Chickpea tagine soup
- red-pepper - 2 red peppers
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- red-onion - 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- garlic-clove - 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- coriander - 2 tsp ground coriander
- cumin - 1 tsp ground cumin
- rose-harissa-paste - 2 tbsp rose harissa paste
- chickpeas - 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- veg-stock - 1 1/2 l low-salt veg stock
- kale - 150g kale, chopped
- lemon - 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- apricot - 50g dried apricots, finely chopped
- parsley - 1/2 small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- yogurt - fat-free natural yogurt, to serve (optional)
- Heat the grill to its highest setting. Halve and deseed the peppers, then lay cut-side down on abaking sheetlined with foil. Grill for 10-15 mins, or until blistered and softened. Leave until cool enough to handle, then remove and discard the skins. Slice the roasted peppers into thin strips.
- Heat the oil in a largesaucepanover a low heat. Fry the onion for 8-10 mins until softened. Stir through the garlic, coriander, cumin and harissa paste and cook for 1 min more. Add the chickpeas and stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins, covered.
- Stir the peppers through the soup with the kale, lemon zest and juice, and apricots and cook, covered, for another 5 mins. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve with the chopped parsley scattered over and a dollop of yogurt, if you like.
Healthy soup recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has red pepper, rapeseed oil, red onion, garlic clove, coriander, cumin, rose harissa paste, chickpeas, veg stock, kale, lemon, apricot, parsley and yogurt.