- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 180
- Fat Content: 0g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Carbohydrate Content: 12g
- Sugar Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 0.1g
- Sodium Content: 0g
- caster-sugar - 200g caster sugar
- caraway-seed - 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- fennel-seed - 1/4 tsp fennel seeds
- chicory - 1 whole chicory head
- gin - 200ml gin
- lemon-juice - 2 tbsp lemon juice
- chicory - 100ml chicory syrup
- ice - handful of ice
- chicory - chicory leaves, to serve
- soda-water - soda water
- lemon - lemon wedges
- To make the chicory syrup, put the caster sugar and 200ml water in a saucepan and add the caraway seeds, fennel seeds and the chicory head.
- Warm the ingredients over a medium heat until the sugar dissolves then bring to the boil. Turn off the heat and leave the syrup to cool completely before straining through a sieve lined with muslin or a coffee filter paper.
- To make the cocktail, chill 4 tall glasses in the fridge and put the gin, lemon juice and 100ml of the chicory syrup into a large cocktail shaker along with a good handful of ice. Shake until the outside of the cocktail shaker feels icy cold then strain into your prepared glasses.
- Add a few more ice cubes, put a chicory leaf into each glass then top up with soda water and lemon wedges. Serve immediately.
Gin cocktail recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has caster sugar, caraway seed, fennel seed, chicory, gin, lemon juice, chicory, ice, chicory, soda water and lemon.