- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 594
- Fat Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 78g
- Sugar Content: 37g
- Fiber Content: 24g
- Protein Content: 18g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
Chilli & avocado salsa sweet potatoes
- sweet-potato - 2 large sweet potatoes
- vegetable-oil - 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- garlic-cloves - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- paprika - 1 tsp paprika
- chopped-tomato - 400g can chopped tomatoes
- avocado - 1 small avocado, chopped
- red-chilli - 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- coriander - 1/2 small pack coriander, chopped
- can-mixed-beans - 400g can mixed beans, drained
- red-pepper - 1/2 x 460g jar roasted red peppers, sliced
- coconut-yogurt - 1 tbsp coconut yogurt, to serve (optional)
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Prick the sweet potatoes with a fork and bake for 40-45 mins, or until tender and cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a deep frying pan and cook the onion for about 10 mins until softening. Add the garlic and paprika, and stir for 1 min. Tip in the tomatoes, then bring to a gentle simmer, season well and leave to bubble away for 10-15 mins.
- To make the salsa, combine the avocado, chilli and coriander in a small bowl. Pour the mixed beans into the pan with the red peppers. Warm through for 5 mins and taste.
- Halve each baked potato, ladle over the chilli and spoon on the salsa. Add a dollop of coconut yogurt to each half before serving, if you like.
Vegetarian dinner recipe for 2 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has sweet potato, vegetable oil, onion, garlic cloves, paprika, chopped tomato, avocado, red chilli, coriander, can mixed beans, red pepper and coconut yogurt.