- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 275
- Fat Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 50g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 15g
- Sodium Content: 2.38g
Chilli bean baguettes
- bean - 2 x 400g cans mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- chilli - 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped, or 1 tsp chilli flakes
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, chopped
- passata - 500g carton passata (or 400g can chopped tomatoes)
- brown-sugar - 2 tsp brown sugar
- balsamic-vinegar - 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- baguette - small baguette, thickly sliced
- parmesan - 1 tbsp grated vegetarian cheddar or parmesan
- Heat grill to high. Stir the first six ingredients together in a medium pan. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 4-5 mins.
- Meanwhile, spread the baguette slices over a baking sheet and slide under the grill. Toast on one side, turn over and sprinkle the second side with the cheese. Grill for another 1-2 mins until melted and golden brown. Season the beans to taste and serve over the cheesy toasts.
Vegetarian chilli recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has bean, chilli, garlic clove, passata, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, baguette and parmesan.