- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 190
- Fat Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 26g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 10g
- Protein Content: 9g
- Sodium Content: 0.8g
Chipotle black bean soup with lime-pickled onions
- lime - juice 2 limes
- red-onion - 2 small red onions, thinly sliced
- olive-oil - 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ground-cumin - 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- smoked-paprika - 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- chipotle-paste - 1/2 tbsp chipotle paste, or Tabasco, to taste
- black-bean - 400g can black bean, drained and rinsed
- vegetable-stock - 400ml vegetable stock
- soured-cream - half-fat soured cream, to serve
- coriander - coriander leaves, to serve
- tortilla-chip - crisp tortilla chips, to serve
- To make the lime-pickled onions, combine 1/2 the lime juice and 1/2 the onions in a small bowl, and season. Leave to pickle for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the garlic and remaining onions, and season. Cook for 8 mins or until the onions are translucent. Add the spices and chipotle puree, cook for 1 min, then add the beans, stock and remaining lime juice. Simmer for 15 mins, then puree in a blender.
- Pour the soup into a clean pan to reheat. Serve with a little of the drained pickled onions, topped with a small drizzle of soured cream and some coriander, and the tortillas on the side.
Low-calorie soup recipe for 2 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has lime, red onion, olive oil, garlic clove, ground cumin, smoked paprika, chipotle paste, black bean, vegetable stock, soured cream, coriander and tortilla chip.