- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 286
- Fat Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 6g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 42g
- Sodium Content: 0.64g
- onion - 1 onion, chopped
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, sliced
- sunflower-oil - 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- chipotle-paste - 1-2 tbsp chipotle paste (see tip, below)
- tomato - 400g can chopped tomatoes
- cider-vinegar - 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- chicken-thigh - 8 skinless chicken thigh fillets
- coriander - small bunch coriander, chopped
- soured-cream - soured cream and rice, to serve
- Fry the onion and garlic in the oil in a deep, wide frying pan until soft. Add the chipotle paste (use 1 tbsp for a mild flavour and 2 tbsp for a hotter, stronger one). Stir and cook for 1 min, then add the tomatoes and cider vinegar. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 mins with the lid half on. Stir to make sure it doesn't get too dry.
- Add the chicken and cook for 10 mins or until cooked through, turning once. Scatter with coriander and serve with rice and soured cream.
Lower sugar recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has onion, garlic clove, sunflower oil, chipotle paste, tomato, cider vinegar, chicken thigh, coriander and soured cream.