- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 386
- Fat Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 45g
- Sugar Content: 18g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.73g
- self-raising-flour - 250g self-raising flour
- bicarbonate-of-soda - 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- cherry - 140g dried sour cherry
- white-chocolate - 100g bar white chocolate, cut into chunks
- dark-chocolate - 100g bar dark chocolate, cut into chunks
- golden-caster-sugar - 100g golden caster sugar
- egg - 2 eggs, beaten
- natural-yogurt - 150ml pot natural yogurt
- butter - 100g butter, melted
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with some paper cases. Sift the flour, and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl, then stir in the cherries, chocolate and sugar. Add the beaten eggs, yogurt and then the butter and stir to combine. It doesn't matter if the mixture looks a bit lumpy, it's more important not to overmix or the muffins will turn out tough.
- Fill the paper cases and bake for 20-25 mins until risen and golden brown. Transfer to a rack to cool. They are especially delicious eaten slightly warm.
Muffin recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has self-raising flour, bicarbonate of soda, cherry, white chocolate, dark chocolate, golden caster sugar, egg, natural yogurt and butter.