- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 167
- Fat Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 19g
- Sugar Content: 17g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
- brownie - 400g brownies or un-iced chocolate sponge
- dark-chocolate - 100g dark chocolate, melted
- white-chocolate - 200g bar white chocolate, broken into chunks
- edible-glitter - sprinkles, edible glitter, etc, for decorating
- rice - 2kg bag rice - for standing the lollies in while they set
- skewer - about 20 lolly sticks, skewers or long wooden coffee stirrers, plus cellophane and ribbon if you're wrapping them up
- Tip the raw rice into a deep cake tin and cover the top with cling film (so that you can recycle the rice after!).
- Crumble the brownies into a food processor and dollop in the melted dark chocolate. Whizz until well mixed. Scoop out tbsps of the mixture and roll into egg shapes between your hands. Gently poke a lolly stick or skewer in about halfway, poke into the rice to stand up, and chill for 2-3 hrs until really firm.
- Melt the white chocolate gently in a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water (or in a microwave on Low), then take off the heat and let cool for 1-2 mins to thicken slightly. One by one, dip the chocolate eggs into the white chocolate to coat, then let the excess drip back into the chocolate bowl. Stand the lollies in the rice-filled cake tin. Tip the sprinkles into small bowls, then dip the egg lollies in, gently rolling them around and coating them. Chill again for 1-2 hrs, or overnight, until the chocolate is really hard and set.
- Nibble lollies as they are, or if they are for an egg hunt, wrap them in small squares of cellophane, gathering it up around the stick below the egg and tying with pretty ribbon.
Edible gift recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has brownie, dark chocolate, white chocolate, edible glitter, rice and skewer.