- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 10
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 500
- Fat Content: 23g
- Saturated Fat Content: 13g
- Carbohydrate Content: 73g
- Sugar Content: 59g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
Chocolate brownie cake
- butter - 100g butter
- caster-sugar - 175g caster sugar
- muscovado-sugar - 75g light brown or muscovado sugar
- chocolate - 125g chocolate (plain or milk)
- golden-syrup - 1 tbsp golden syrup
- egg - 2 eggs
- vanilla-extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract /essence
- plain-flour - 100g plain flour
- baking-powder - 1/2 tsp baking powder
- cocoa-powder - 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Grease and line a 20cm cake tin.
- Place the butter, caster sugar, brown sugar, chocolate and golden syrup in thepanand melt gently on a low heat until it is smooth and lump-free.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Break the eggs into thebowland whisk with the fork until light and frothy. 5 Add the eggs, vanilla extract or essence, flour, baking powder and cocoa powder to the chocolate mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Put the mixture into the greased and lined cake tin and place on the middle shelf of the oven. Bake for 25-30 mins.
- Remove and allow to cool for 20-30 mins before cutting into wedges and serving.
- Serve with cream or ice cream and plenty of fresh fruit.
All-time top 20 recipe for 6 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has butter, caster sugar, muscovado sugar, chocolate, golden syrup, egg, vanilla extract, plain flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.