- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 623
- Carbohydrate Content: 85g
- Fat Content: 28g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 17g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
- Sugar Content: 59g
Chocolate-chip cookie ice-cream sandwiches
- brown-sugar - 280g light soft brown sugar
- granulated-sugar - 225g granulated sugar
- butter - 250g butter
- large-egg - 2 large eggs
- vanilla-extract - 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- plain-flour - 450g plain flour
- baking-powder - 2 tsp baking powder
- milk-chocolate - 300g good-quality milk chocolate, roughly chopped into chunks
- ice-cream - vanilla ice cream, to serve
- To make the cookies, tip the sugars and butter into a large bowl. Get a grown-up to help you use an electric hand mixer to blend them together until the mixture looks smooth and creamy, and a little paler in colour.
- Carefully break in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well between each egg and pausing to scrape down the sides with a spatula. Mix in the vanilla. (To avoid unwanted crunchy bits, get your helper to crack the eggs into a separate bowl first, then it's easy to pick out any shell before tipping into the mixture.)
- Sift in the flour and baking powder, then mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Stir through the chocolate chunks. Use your hands to squeeze the dough together in 1 big lump, then split into 2 even pieces. Put each piece on a sheet of cling film.
- Roll each piece of dough in the cling film so that they form thick sausage shapes, then seal the ends. Put them in the fridge and chill for at least 3 hrs or overnight -can be frozen at this point.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4. Take the dough rolls out of the fridge, unwrap and use a small knife to slice each one into 12 pieces, so you have 24 in total.
- Place the slices on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Ask a grown-up to put this in the oven to bake for 20 mins or until the cookies are golden brown on the edges, but still pale in the centre.
- Allow to cool slightly before lifting them onto a wire rack to cool completely. Sandwich the cookies together with ice cream and dig in!
Kids’ baking recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, large egg, vanilla extract, plain flour, baking powder, milk chocolate and ice cream.Add to Favourites