- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 294
- Fat Content: 20g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Carbohydrate Content: 27g
- Sugar Content: 17g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.44g
Chocolate chunk pecan cookies
- dark-chocolate - 200g dark chocolate, broken into squares (we like Green & Black's)
- butter - 100g butter, chopped
- light-muscovado-sugar - 50g light muscovado sugar
- golden-caster-sugar - 85g golden caster sugar
- vanilla-extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- egg - 1 egg, beaten
- pecan - 100g whole pecan
- plain-flour - 100g plain flour
- bicarbonate-of-soda - 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Melt 85g chocolate in the microwave on High for 1 min or over a pan of simmering water.
- Beat in the butter, sugars, vanilla and egg until smooth, then stir in three-quarters of both the nuts and remaining chocolate, then the flour and bicarbonate of soda.
- Heap 12 spoonfuls, spaced apart, on 2 baking sheets (don't spread the mixture), then poke in the reserved nuts and chocolate. Bake for 12 mins until firm, then leave to cool on the sheets. Can be stored in a tin for up to 3 days.
Edible gift recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 12 mins; recipe has dark chocolate, butter, light muscovado sugar, golden caster sugar, vanilla extract, egg, pecan, plain flour and bicarbonate of soda.