- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 502
- Fat Content: 33g
- Saturated Fat Content: 20g
- Carbohydrate Content: 49g
- Sugar Content: 35g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.66g
Chocolate fudge cake
- plain-chocolate - 200g plain chocolate, broken into chunks (use one with a low cocoa content - we used Waitrose plain Belgian chocolate)
- butter - 200g butter
- muscovado-sugar - 200g light brown muscovado sugar
- soured-cream - 100ml soured cream
- egg - 2 eggs, beaten
- self-raising-flour - 200g self-raising flour
- cocoa-powder - 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- hundreds-and-thousands - hundreds and thousands, to decorate
- plain-chocolate - 100g plain chocolate
- condensed-milk - 170g can condensed milk
- butter - 100g butter
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Line a 22 x 22cm square tin with baking parchment. Put the chocolate, butter and sugar into a large pan with 100ml hot water and gently melt together. Set aside for 2 mins, then stir in the soured cream followed by the eggs. Finally, stir or whisk in the flour and cocoa until lump-free, then pour into the prepared tin. Bake for 50-55 mins until a skewer comes out clean. Sit the tin on a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the icing. Gently melt together icing ingredients in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, then chill or cool until spreadable.
- To decorate, carefully turn out the cooled cake and peel off the baking parchment. Spread the icing over the top and scatter with hundreds and thousands, then cut the cake into triangles or fingers before serving.
Traybake recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has plain chocolate, butter, muscovado sugar, soured cream, egg, self-raising flour, cocoa powder, hundreds and thousands, plain chocolate, condensed milk and butter.