- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 641
- Fat Content: 50g
- Saturated Fat Content: 25g
- Carbohydrate Content: 38g
- Sugar Content: 34g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 1g
Chocolate ganache & salted caramel brittle
- For the ganache, put the chocolate into a large bowl. Heat the cream in a pan until just boiling, then pour it over the chocolate. Leave for 5 mins, then stir until smooth. Put the ganache to one side to thicken and cool, then chill until needed.
- For the caramel sauce, heat the sugar and butter in a pan until the sugar has dissolved and the butter has melted. Add the cream, bring to the boil, then remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- For the brittle, line a baking tray with baking parchment, then put the sugar and 4 tbsp of water in a heavy-based frying pan and heat, without stirring, until golden brown. Stir through the nuts, and pour (in a thin layer) over the parchment. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp flaky sea salt and leave to set.
- To serve, drizzle each plate with sauce, heat a large spoon in a cup of hot water, then scoop out a curl of chocolate ganache for each plate. Break the brittle into shards and push a piece into each scoop. Sprinkle with crumbled brittle and add a pinch of sea salt.
Gluten-free recipe for 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has dark chocolate, double cream, brown sugar, butter, double cream, sugar and blanched hazelnut.