- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 163
- Fat Content: 12g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 9g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0g
Chocolate & hazelnut thumbprint cookies
- hazelnuts - 180g hazelnuts, toasted
- plain-flour - 100g plain flour
- buckwheat-flour - 90g buckwheat flour
- golden-caster-sugar - 60g golden caster sugar
- unsalted-butter - 180g unsalted butter
- dark-chocolate - 100g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- coconut-oil - 1 tsp coconut oil (or use any flavourless oil)
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment. Tip the hazelnuts into the bowl of afood processorand pulse until finely chopped. Add the flours, sugar and a pinch of flaked sea salt, and process for 20-30 secs until fully combined. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture just starts to come together. Tip the dough out onto a work surface and knead by hand until smooth.
- Roll the dough into 25 small balls, then transfer to the prepared baking tray. Using your thumb or the handle of a wooden spoon, make an indent in the centre of each piece of dough. Put the tray in the fridge and chill for 30 mins before baking. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins or until light golden brown. Put the chocolate and oil in a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally, until fully melted. Use a teaspoon to top each cookie with a little melted chocolate. Put aside until the chocolate has set.
Kids cookies recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has hazelnuts, plain flour, buckwheat flour, golden caster sugar, unsalted butter, dark chocolate and coconut oil.