- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 257
- Fat Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 44g
- Sugar Content: 27g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.26g
- plain-flour - 125g plain flour
- cocoa-powder - 25g cocoa powder
- baking-powder - 1 tsp baking powder
- large-egg - 1 large egg
- caster-sugar - 60g caster sugar
- vegetable-oil - 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- whole-milk - 100ml whole milk
- chocolate-chips-(optional) - 50g chocolate chips (optional)
- icing-sugar - 100g icing sugar
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line a muffin tin with six muffin cases. Sieve the flour, cocoa and baking powder into a mediumbowl. Mix together the egg, sugar, oil and milk together in a jug, then gradually pour into the dry ingredients (add chocolate chips now to make double chocolate muffins, if you like) and mix until combined.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the cake cases and bake for 20-25 mins until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, gradually mix 1/2 -1 tbsp water into the icing sugar until you have a loose consistency that's not too runny. Drizzle the icing over the muffins once cool.
Muffin recipe for 6 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, large egg, caster sugar, vegetable oil, whole milk, chocolate chips (optional) and icing sugar.