- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 278
- Fat Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Carbohydrate Content: 28g
- Sugar Content: 19g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
Chocolate Rice Krispie cakes
- milk-chocolate - 100g milk chocolate, broken up
- dark-chocolate - 50g dark chocolate, broken up
- butter - 100g butter
- golden-syrup - 4 tbsp golden syrup
- rice-pops - 100g rice pops (we used Rice Krispies)
- milk-chocolate - 50g milk chocolate, melted
- sprinkles - sprinkles, mini marshmallows, nuts, Smarties, dried fruit or white chocolate buttons
- Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl with the butter and golden syrup and gently melt in 10-second bursts in the microwave, or melt it over a pan of simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn't touch the water. Stir until smooth, then take off the heat and stir in the rice pops, coating them gently with the chocolate until they are all completely covered.
- Divide the mixture between nine cupcake or 12 fairy cake paper cases - it's easier if you slide these into a muffin tin as it will help them hold their shape. Leave to set. If you want them to set faster, put in the fridge for 1 hr.
- Drizzle with a little melted chocolate and decorate with sweets, dried fruit or nuts while they are still wet enough to stick them on. Will keep in an airtight container for five days.
Kids’ party recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has milk chocolate, dark chocolate, butter, golden syrup, rice pops, milk chocolate and sprinkles.Add to Favourites