- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 938
- Fat Content: 71g
- Saturated Fat Content: 44g
- Carbohydrate Content: 70g
- Sugar Content: 69g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
Chocolate, salted caramel & banana mess
- vanilla-pod - 1/2 vanilla pod, scraped of seeds
- double-cream - 150ml double cream
- meringue - 2 ready-made meringue nests, crumbled into chunks
- banana - 2 bananas, sliced
- caster-sugar - 2 tbsp caster sugar
- double-cream - 3 tbsp double cream
- butter - 1 tbsp butter
- sea-salt - pinch of sea salt flakes
- milk - 2 tbsp full-fat milk
- double-cream - 1 tbsp double cream
- dark-chocolate - 50g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- To make the salted caramel, put the sugar and 2 tbsp water in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan. Place on a low heat and swirl gently until the sugar has melted. Turn up the heat and let the sugar bubble and caramelise to a nutty brown. Take off the heat and pour in the cream, butter and salt flakes - do this carefully, as it may spit. Gently stir together until smooth and glossy.
- For the chocolate sauce, bring the milk and cream to the boil in a small saucepan. Put the chocolate bits into a bowl. Pour over two-thirds of the milk and cream mixture, stirring until melted and smooth. Adjust the consistency with the remaining hot milk mixture.
- Put the vanilla seeds into the cream and whip until just holding soft peaks. Fold the meringues and banana slices into the cream, leaving a few slices for garnish. Put in serving dishes and drizzle with the two sauces. Top with the remaining banana slices. Serve immediately.
Caramel recipe for 2 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has vanilla pod, double cream, meringue, banana, caster sugar, double cream, butter, sea salt, milk, double cream and dark chocolate.