- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 566
- Fat Content: 43g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14g
- Carbohydrate Content: 17g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 27g
- Sodium Content: 2.6g
Chorizo bean burgers
- chorizo - 100g mini cooking chorizo, skins removed
- pork-sausage - 3 pork sausages, squeezed from their skins
- smoked-paprika - 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- lime-juice - 1 tbsp lime juice, plus wedges to serve
- coriander - small bunch coriander, chopped
- bean - 1/2 x 400g can mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- medium-egg - 1 medium egg, lightly whisked
- olive-oil - 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- ciabatta - 2 ciabatta rolls, split and toasted
- chip - soured cream, avocado, small handful rocket and chips, to serve (optional)
- In a food processor, pulse the chorizo, sausagemeat, paprika, lime juice and coriander until well combined. Add the beans and some seasoning, and quickly pulse again to mix. Tip into a bowl and mix in just enough egg (about half) to bind. Shape into 2 fat burgers, cover and chill for 15 mins. Meanwhile, heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the burgers for 3 mins on each side. Transfer to a baking sheet and cook in the oven for a further 10 mins until cooked through.
- Serve the burgers in rolls with soured cream, avocado and rocket, with chips and lime wedges on the side, if you like.
Speedy suppers recipe for 2 people, takes only 16 mins; recipe has chorizo, pork sausage, smoked paprika, lime juice, coriander, bean, medium egg, olive oil, ciabatta and chip.