- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 48
- Fat Content: 2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 2g
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
- chorizo - 500g cooking chorizo, diced
- onion - 1 large white onion, finely sliced
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- light-muscovado-sugar - 85g light muscovado sugar
- red-wine-vinegar - 3 tbsp Sherry or red wine vinegar
- maple-syrup - 2 tbsp maple syrup
- espresso - 1 shot of espresso coffee or 100ml/4fl oz strong black coffee
- Fry the chorizo in a large saucepan for about 5 mins until golden and crispy at the edges. Remove the chorizo with a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate, leaving the oil that has been released in the pan.
- Turn the heat down low and gently cook the onion in the chorizo oil for 15-20 mins or until very soft and starting to brown. Stir in the garlic, muscovado sugar, Sherry, maple syrup, espresso and chorizo.
- Cook slowly for 35-40 mins, stirring occasionally, until thick and syrupy. Turn off the heat, leave to cool a little, then tip everything into a food processor. Pulse briefly to chop everything up into really small pieces, then leave the mixture to cool before packing it into 2 sterilised jam jars. Will keep for up to 1 month in the fridge.
Christmas cheeseboard recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has chorizo, onion, garlic clove, light muscovado sugar, red wine vinegar, maple syrup and espresso.