- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 642
- Fat Content: 25g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Carbohydrate Content: 68g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 34g
- Sodium Content: 2.8g
Chorizo & pea risotto
- oil - 1 tbsp oil
- chorizo - 200g chorizo, peeled and chopped
- arborio-risotto-rice - 300g arborio risotto rice
- vinegar - 2 tbsp vinegar (white wine vinegar if you have it)
- chicken-stock - 1.2l chicken stock (fresh is best), heated until simmering
- peas - 200g frozen peas
- parmesan - 60g parmesan, finely grated, plus extra to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, tip in the chorizo and fry until it is crisp and all the oil has been released. Remove a quarter of the chorizo with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Tip the rice into the pan, stir to coat it in the oil and toast for a min or so, then pour in the vinegar. Once the vinegar has evaporated, add a ladleful of the stock, stir then, once absorbed, add a bit more. Continue doing this for about 20 mins until most of the stock has been absorbed and the rice has swollen but still has a slight bite.
- Tip in the peas, parmesan and the remaining stock. Give everything a good stir. Once the cheese has melted, season with black pepper, then divide between bowls, topping each portion with the remaining crisp chorizo and extra grated parmesan.
Five ingredients or less recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has oil, chorizo, arborio risotto rice, vinegar, chicken stock, peas and parmesan.