- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 488
- Fat Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 58g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 19g
- Sodium Content: 1.4g
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- chorizo - 250g baby cooking chorizo, sliced
- garlic-clove - 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- smoked-paprika - 1 tsp smoked paprika
- chopped-tomato - 400g can chopped tomato
- basmati-rice - 250g basmati rice
- stock - 600ml stock
- lemon - 1 lemon, zest peeled off in thick strips, plus wedges to serve
- bay-leaf - 2 fresh bay leaves
- parsley - small bunch parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pan with a lid. Add the onion and cook for 5-8 mins until soft and golden. Push to the side of the pan and add the chorizo. Cook until lightly browned and some of the oils are released into the pan.
- Add the garlic and paprika, then the tomatoes. Bubble over a medium heat for 5 mins, then add the rice, stock, lemon zest and bay leaves. Stir everything together well and bring to the boil. Put the lid on and cook over a very low heat for 12 mins.
- Turn off the heat and leave to sit and steam for 10-15 mins. Stir through the parsley and serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over.
Mediterranean recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, chorizo, garlic clove, smoked paprika, chopped tomato, basmati rice, stock, lemon, bay leaf and parsley.