- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 164
- Fat Content: 4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 9g
- Sugar Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 23g
- Sodium Content: 1.83g
Chunky Mediterranean fish soup
- pasta - 500g tub Napoletana (tomato and basil) pasta sauce
- fish-stock - 450ml fish stock
- courgette - 2 courgettes, finely sliced
- fennel - 1 bulb fennel, finely sliced
- hoki-fillet - 450g hoki fillet, defrosted
- basil - handful basil leaves, torn
- chilli - 1 tsp chipotle chilli in adobo sauce or chilli paste, to serve
- creme-fraiche - 5 tbsp half-fat creme fraiche, to serve
- Put the pasta sauce and stock into a large saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 mins. Add the courgettes and fennel and simmer for 2 mins.
- Cut the hoki fillets into 4cm pieces. Add to the soup and poach over a low heat for 2-3 mins or until the fish is cooked. Don't stir too often or the fish will break up. Gently stir in the basil and adjust the seasoning.
- Mix the chipotle chilli mix or chilli paste with the creme fraiche and season. Ladle the soup into bowls and spoon a dollop of creme fraiche on top.
Low-calorie soup recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has pasta, fish stock, courgette, fennel, hoki fillet, basil, chilli and crème fraîche.Add to Favourites