- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 655
- Fat Content: 16g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 103g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 24g
- Sodium Content: 1g
Chunky sausage & tomato pasta
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- pork-sausage - 4 thick pork sausages, cut into bite-sized pieces
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- white-wine - 200ml medium white wine
- tomato-puree - 1 tbsp tomato puree
- tomato - 400g can chopped tomatoes
- rigatoni - 500g pack rigatoni or penne
- basil-leaf - handful basil leaves, torn, (optional)
- parmesan - parmesan, to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based pan (preferably not non-stick) and add the sausages. Fry for about 8 mins until golden and cooked through. Tip in the garlic and fry for 1 min. Pour in the white wine and boil until it has reduced by half.
- Stir in the tomato puree and tomatoes, and season to taste. Simmer for 15 mins until the sauce is rich and thick.
- While the sauce cooks, boil the pasta according to pack instructions and drain. Stir in the basil if using, and cooked pasta into the sauce, then serve in bowls with grated or shaved Parmesan.
Easy pasta recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has olive oil, pork sausage, garlic clove, white wine, tomato purée, tomato, rigatoni, basil leaf and parmesan.Add to Favourites