- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 285
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 27g
- Sugar Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 28g
- Sodium Content: 2.82g
Clam, chorizo & white bean stew
- chorizo - 50g chorizo, diced
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- flat-leaf-parsley - small bunch flat-leaf parsley, 1/2 finely chopped, 1/2 roughly chopped
- stock - 200ml hot stock, fish or vegetable
- chopped-tomato - 400g can chopped tomatoes
- butter-bean - 400g can butter beans or white beans, rinsed and drained
- sherry-vinegar - 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- clam - 600g clams, cleaned
- crusty-bread - crusty bread, to serve
- Fry the chorizo in a large frying pan with a lid, over a medium heat until it is starting to crisp up and release its oil. Add the onion and cook for 5 mins until starting to soften. Then add the garlic and finely chopped parsley, and fry for 1 min more.
- Pour on the stock and tomatoes. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, then add the beans and sherry vinegar. Simmer for 10 mins until the liquid is slightly reduced.
- Scatter over the clams, cover with the lid and steam for 2-4 mins, shaking the pan occasionally until the clams are open. Have a little taste before seasoning, as the clams can be quite salty. Then scatter over the chopped parsley. Eat with lots of crusty bread.
Spanish recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has chorizo, onion, garlic clove, flat-leaf parsley, stock, chopped tomato, butter bean, sherry vinegar, clam and crusty bread.