- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 6 with leftovers
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 144
- Fat Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 22g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.04g
Classic potato salad
- new-potato - 800g small new potato
- shallot - 3 shallots, finely chopped
- caper - 1 tbsp small capers (optional)
- cornichon - 2 tbsp cornichons, finely chopped (optional)
- mayonnaise - 3 tbsp mayonnaise, or to taste
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- white-wine-vinegar - 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- parsley - small handful parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 20 mins until just cooked, drain, then cool.
- Cut the potatoes into chunks, then throw into a bowl with the shallots, capers and cornichons, if using. Add enough mayonnaise to bind, then mix together the olive oil and vinegar and add just enough to give a little sharpness to the salad. Stir in the finely chopped parsley and serve.
Boxing Day recipe for 6 with leftovers people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has new potato, shallot, caper, cornichon, mayonnaise, extra-virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar and parsley.