- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 510
- Fat Content: 24g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14g
- Carbohydrate Content: 67g
- Sugar Content: 58g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
Club Tropicana ice cream cake
- madeira-cake - 1 madeira cake (we used one from M&S that comes in a large rectangular block)
- sorbet - 500ml tub mango sorbet
- ice-cream - 500ml tub vanilla ice cream
- chocolate - 50g dark chocolate
- sorbet - 500ml tub raspberry sorbet
- double-cream - 150ml double cream, whipped
- maraschino-cherries - maraschino cherries, to decorate
- Cut a piece of sponge about 5mm thick to fit a 1lb 16 x 10cm loaf tin and trim off any dark edges (off-cuts are a cook's perk). Line the loaf tin with a double layer of strong cling film and push the sponge into the base. If the madeira cake is smaller than the tin, patch any gaps - you won't see them when the cake is finished.
- Spoon a layer of mango sorbet into the tin using three-quarters of the tub, flatten the surface using the back of a spoon and freeze for 10 mins. Repeat using the vanilla ice cream, then add another layer of sponge. Melt the chocolate and pour it over the second layer of sponge. Freeze for 10 mins, then carefully add a layer of raspberry sorbet in the same way, followed by a final layer of sponge. Cover the lot in cling film, then freeze until you need it. Turn the ice cream cake out of the tin onto a plate and peel off the cling film, then decorate the top with whipped cream and cherries. Wait 10 mins before slicing with a long, straight-edged knife. Extra cherries are optional.
Ice cream recipe for 8 people, takes only 2 mins; recipe has madeira cake, sorbet, ice cream, chocolate, sorbet, double cream and maraschino cherries.