- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 360
- Fat Content: 22g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14g
- Carbohydrate Content: 36g
- Sugar Content: 24g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
Coconut & mango sponge
- mango - 425g can sliced mango in syrup, drained
- butter - 200g butter, softened
- golden-caster-sugar - 225g golden caster sugar
- large-egg - 4 large eggs
- self-raising-flour - 200g self-raising flour
- desiccated-coconut - 50g desiccated coconut, plus 3 tbsp for sprinkling
- yogurt - 140g Greek-style coconut yogurt
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease and line a 20 x 30cm baking tin with 2 strips of criss-crossed baking parchment. Dry the mango pieces on some kitchen paper, then chop into 3cm pieces and set aside.
- Place the butter and sugar into a bowl, and whisk until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Use a spatula to fold through the flour and coconut, then the mango pieces and yogurt. Scrape the mixture into your tin and smooth over the surface, then sprinkle with a little extra coconut. Bake for 30 mins until risen and golden and a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 mins in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack. This cake is delicious served warm with an extra blob of coconut yogurt, or just as good cold. Keeps in a tin for up to 3 days.
Cake sale recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has mango, butter, golden caster sugar, large egg, self-raising flour, desiccated coconut and yogurt.