- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 314
- Fat Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11g
- Carbohydrate Content: 37g
- Sugar Content: 28g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
Coconut & raspberry cupcakes
- self-raising-flour - 175g self-raising flour
- caster-sugar - 140g caster sugar
- desiccated-coconut - 50g desiccated coconut
- butter - 140g butter, softened
- vanilla-extract - 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- large-egg - 2 large eggs
- milk - 4 tbsp milk
- raspberry - 140g raspberry, fresh or frozen
- icing-sugar - 280g icing sugar
- butter - 85g butter, softened
- raspberry - 4 tbsp raspberry coulis, from a bottle or fresh
- coconut - a little desiccated or shredded coconut, to decorate
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with deep paper cases or a 15-hole bun tin with cake cases. Tip all the cake ingredients except the raspberries into a bowl and beat for 1-2 mins until light and fluffy. Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Divide the mixture between the cases and bake for 18-20 mins (add a couple of extra mins for deep cases), until golden brown and firm to the touch. Leave to cool.
- Beat together the icing sugar, butter and raspberry coulis to make a light, fluffy icing. Spoon or pipe onto the cakes and sprinkle with coconut.
Valentine’s baking recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has self-raising flour, caster sugar, desiccated coconut, butter, vanilla extract, large egg, milk, raspberry, icing sugar, butter, raspberry and coconut.