- Serving: 6 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 678
- Fat Content: 42g
- Saturated Fat Content: 30g
- Carbohydrate Content: 59g
- Sugar Content: 42g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
Coconut, rum & raisin rice pudding
- butter - 50g butter
- pudding-rice - 150g short-grain pudding rice
- golden-caster-sugar - 150g golden caster sugar
- coconut-milk - 2 x 400ml cans coconut milk
- double-cream - 300ml double cream, plus a little extra
- vanilla-extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- rum - 150ml spiced rum
- muscovado-sugar - 100g muscovado sugar
- raisins - 100g raisins
- For the rum & raisin syrup, tip all the ingredients into a largesaucepanand heat gently over a low heat for 5 mins, or until the sugar has dissolved and created a syrup and the raisins have plumped up. Tip into a bowl, cover and set aside.
- In the same saucepan (there's no need to clean it) melt the butter over a medium heat until sizzling, then scatter over the rice and toast in the hot butter until the butter is just starting to brown. Stir in the sugar, then pour over the coconut milk, cream and vanilla. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook gently for 40-45 mins until the rice is tender, adding a splash more cream if it becomes too thick.
- To serve hot, stir a third of the rum & raisin syrup through the pudding and spoon the rest over the top. To serve cold, leave the pudding to cool, then chill in the fridge to firm up so that you can serve it in scoops with the rum & raisin syrup spooned over.
Comfort food recipe for 6-8 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has butter, pudding rice, golden caster sugar, coconut milk, double cream, vanilla extract, rum, muscovado sugar and raisins.