- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 320
- Fat Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9g
- Carbohydrate Content: 29g
- Sugar Content: 17g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 9g
- Sodium Content: 1g
Coconut & squash dhansak
- vegetable-oil - 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- butternut-squash - 500g butternut squash (about 1 small squash), peeled and chopped into bite-sized chunks (or buy a pack of ready-prepared to save time), see tip, below left
- onion - 100g frozen chopped onions
- curry-paste - 4 heaped tbsp mild curry paste (we used korma)
- chopped-tomato - 400g can chopped tomatoes
- coconut-milk - 400g can light coconut milk
- naan-bread - mini naan bread, to serve
- lentil - 400g can lentils, drained
- baby-spinach - 200g bag baby spinach
- yogurt - 150ml coconut yogurt (we used Rachel's Organic), plus extra to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Put the squash in a bowl with a splash of water. Cover with cling film and microwave on High for 10 mins or until tender. Meanwhile, add the onions to the hot oil and cook for a few mins until soft. Add the curry paste, tomatoes and coconut milk, and simmer for 10 mins until thickened to a rich sauce.
- Warm the naan breads in a low oven or in the toaster. Drain any liquid from the squash, then add to the sauce with the lentils, spinach and some seasoning. Simmer for a further 2-3 mins to wilt the spinach, then stir in the coconut yogurt. Serve with the warm naan and a dollop of extra yogurt.
Low-calorie dinner recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has vegetable oil, butternut squash, onion, curry paste, chopped tomato, coconut milk, naan bread, lentil, baby spinach and yogurt.