- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 1
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 439
- Fat Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 59g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 40g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
Cod with an orange & dill crumb and hasselback potato
- baking-potato - 1 large baking potato
- cod - 1 cod fillet (about 180g)
- bread - 1 slice bread (preferably seeded)
- orange - zest 1/2 orange
- dill - 1/2 small pack dill, roughly chopped
- garlic-clove - 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- olive-oil - drizzle olive oil
- creme-fraiche - 2 tbsp creme fraiche, to serve
- vegetables - steamed vegetables, to serve (optional)
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Sit the potato on a large spoon and cut slits across it every 0.5cm (the edges of the spoon will stop the knife cutting all the way through the potato). Microwave for 10-12 mins until starting to soften (alternatively, bake in the oven for 1 hr 10 mins).
- Meanwhile, prepare the topping for the fish. Blitz the bread in afood processorinto breadcrumbs (or grate it). Combine the breadcrumbs with the orange zest, dill, garlic and seasoning. Season the cod, put it on a baking tray and top with the crumb.
- Put the potato on the same tray, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt flakes. Bake for 12-15 mins until the fish is cooked and the potato is tender but crispy. Serve with cr eme fraiche and steamed vegetables, if you like.
Healthy winter recipe for 1 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has baking potato, cod, bread, orange, dill, garlic clove, olive oil, crème fraîche and vegetables.