- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 121
- Fat Content: 6.1g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate Content: 15.1g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 0.3g
- Protein Content: 1.3g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
Cooking with kids: Chocolate cornflake cakes
- Children:Weigh out the ingredients. Older children can do this by themselves with supervision and little ones can help to pour or spoon ingredients into theweighing scales. Put 50g butter, 100g milk or dark chocolate, broken into chunks and 3 tbsp golden syrup in a saucepan or microwavable bowl. Put 100g cornflakes in another largebowl.
- Grown ups:Melt the weighed butter, chocolate and golden syrup in thesaucepanover a low heat or briefly in the microwave. Allow to cool a little before pouring over the cornflakes.
- Children:Stir the ingredients together gently using awooden spoon. Spoon the mixture into 12 cupcake cases arranged on a muffin tray (or baking sheet, if you don't have one). Grown ups will need to do this for younger children or simply arrange on a tray and let the mess happen. Put in the fridge to set.
Kids’ party recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has butter, dark chocolate, golden syrup and cornflake.