- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 2 adults and 2-3 kids
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 399
- Fat Content: 12g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 43.3g
- Sugar Content: 1.3g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 29.3g
- Sodium Content: 1.1g
Cooking with kids: Chunky fish fingers
- white-fish - 500g skinless, boneless chunky white fish fillet (we used haddock), cut into neat thumb-sized strips
- plain-flour - 100g plain flour, seasoned
- large-egg - 3 large eggs, beaten
- breadcrumb - 200g dried breadcrumb
- turmeric - large pinch turmeric (optional)
- vegetable-oil - vegetable oil, for frying
- Grown ups and children:Get 3 shallow dishes and set up a production line of flour then egg then breadcrumbs. Children can pour the ingredients into each dish and crack and beat the eggs. If you want the breadcrumbs to be golden then mix through the turmeric. Place a large empty plate at the end of the line to put the uncooked fish fingers on.
- Children:Show children how to methodically dip a finger of fish in the flour, shaking off any excess, then dredge it through the egg and finally roll it in the breadcrumbs so it's completely coated and place it on the plate. This is a job kids as young as 2 can help with but it's a messy one so they may need a wipe down halfway through. The fish fingers can now be laid on a tray and frozen then placed into a bag.
- Grown ups:To cook the fingers heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the fingers for 3-4 mins on each side. Place on a tray lined with kitchen paper and keep warm in a low oven, if cooking in batches. Alternatively, preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas mark 6. Brush a tray with a little oil, cook the fish fingers for about 10 - 12 mins until golden and cooked through, turn over half way through cooking time.
Kids’ cooking recipe for 2 adults and 2-3 kids people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has white fish, plain flour, large egg, breadcrumb, turmeric and vegetable oil.Add to Favourites