- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 424
- Fat Content: 16g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Carbohydrate Content: 36g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 33g
- Sodium Content: 2g
Cottage cheese fritters
- cottage-cheese - 300g fat-free cottage cheese
- cherry-tomato - 100g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- lemon - 1/2 lemon, zested
- parmesan - 50g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated, plus extra for serving
- mixed-herbs - 25g fresh mixed herbs (basil, parsley and thyme work best), chopped, plus extra for serving
- spinach - 50g spinach, finely chopped
- plain-flour - 75g plain flour
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except the flour and oil. Mix well, then stir in the flour.
- Heat the oil in a largefrying panover a medium heat. Working in batches of two or three (the mixture should make six fritters), spoon large blobs into the pan and flatten with the back of the spoon to make thick discs. Turn when crisp and golden on the bottom. When both sides are cooked, remove from the pan and keep warm in a low oven while you fry the next batch.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with parmesan and herbs.
Quick summer recipe for 2 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has cottage cheese, cherry tomato, lemon, parmesan, mixed herbs, spinach, plain flour and olive oil.