- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 760
- Fat Content: 44g
- Saturated Fat Content: 24g
- Carbohydrate Content: 77g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 18g
- Sodium Content: 0.35g
Courgette & basil pasta with pesto crumbs
- penne - 500g pack penne
- courgette - 5 courgettes, grated
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil, plus a little extra
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- creme-fraiche - 500g pot creme fraiche
- parmesan - 25g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), finely grated
- basil - small bunch basil, reserve a few leaves for garnishing
- ciabatta - 85g chunk ciabatta
- pine-nut - handful toasted pine nuts, plus a few extra for sprinkling
- Slightly undercook the pasta, then drain, reserving a ladleful of cooking water. Rinse the pasta with cold water to cool. Drain again, toss in a little oil to stop it sticking together and set aside while you get the rest of the bake ready.
- Fry the courgettes in oil for about 10 mins to drive off most of the liquid; they should reduce down a lot. Add the garlic and onion to the pan, cook for 2 mins more, then season really well and add to the pasta. Stir in most of the creme fraiche and half the Parmesan with seasoning, then tip into an ovenproof dish. Dollop the rest of the creme fraiche over the top.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Whizz nearly all of the basil, remaining cheese, bread and pine nuts together to make pesto crumbs, then scatter all over the top. Finish with a few more pine nuts. Bake for 20 mins until the topping is crisp and bubbling at the edges. Serve with a few more basil leaves scattered over.
Veggie pasta bake recipe for 6 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has penne, courgette, olive oil, garlic clove, onion, crème fraîche, parmesan, basil, ciabatta and pine nut.