- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 8 - 10
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 330
- Fat Content: 24g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14g
- Carbohydrate Content: 18g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
Courgette & double cheese quiche
- plain-flour - 200g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- butter - 85g cold butter, diced
- parmesan - 80g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), finely grated
- egg-yolk - 2 egg yolks
- courgette - 1 large courgette, thinly sliced
- spring-onion - bunch spring onions, sliced
- blue-cheese - 100g blue cheese, crumbled
- onion-marmalade - 2 tbsp onion marmalade
- thyme-leaf - 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- double-cream - 150ml double cream
- egg - 1 whole egg, plus 2 egg yolks
- For the pastry, tip the flour, butter and parmesan into a food processor. Blitz to a rough crumb, then add the yolks and 2 tbsp water. Pulse to a loose dough, then tip the mix out onto a floured surface and knead a few times to a smooth pastry.
- Roll the pastry between two sheets of baking parchment to the thickness of a PS1 coin - the disc should be big enough to fit a 20cm tart tin with a loose base. Chill in the fridge for 1 hr.
- While the pastry is chilling, salt the courgette and spring onions, and leave for 1 hr in a colander with a bowl underneath to catch the juices.
- Use the pastry to line the tin. Work it into the corners, then cut away any pastry from the edges. Pop back in the fridge for 10 mins or so.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line the pastry case with parchment and baking beans, and bake for 20 mins. Lift off the parchment and beans, and continue to bake until the base is fully cooked and biscuity brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Tip the courgette and spring onions into a clean tea towel and squeeze out the remaining excess water. Tip into a large mixing bowl and stir through the blue cheese, onion marmalade and thyme. Spread the mix over the bottom of the tart case.
- Whisk together the cream, whole egg and yolks with some seasoning. Pour this over the courgette filling and bake for 30-35 mins until just set. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before cutting into slices.
Quiche recipe for 8 – 10 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has plain flour, butter, parmesan, egg yolk, courgette, spring onion, blue cheese, onion marmalade, thyme leaf, double cream and egg.Add to Favourites