- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 341
- Fat Content: 24g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11g
- Carbohydrate Content: 21g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
Courgette & ricotta tart
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- courgette - 2 courgettes, thinly sliced
- ricotta - 250g tub ricotta
- large-egg - 2 large eggs
- basil - small handful basil, chopped
- nutmeg - pinch nutmeg
- parmesan - 1 tbsp grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ready-rolled-puff-pastry - 320g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- flour - flour, for dusting
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat half the olive oil in a frying pan. Cook the courgettes for 5 mins until golden around the edges, then remove from the pan and set aside. Mix the ricotta with the eggs, most of the basil, the nutmeg, Parmesan and garlic. Set aside.
- Unroll the pastry on a lightly floured surface - roll it out lightly to give an even surface. Line a baking tray with baking parchment and lay the pastry on top.
- Spread the pastry with the ricotta mix, leaving a border of 1cm around the edge, then press the courgette slices into the ricotta. Bring the pastry sides up over the edge of the filling and pinch so that none seeps out the sides.
- Bake for 30 mins until the tart is puffed up and golden. Serve warm, scattered with the remaining basil.
Tart recipe for 6 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has olive oil, courgette, ricotta, large egg, basil, nutmeg, parmesan, garlic clove, ready-rolled puff pastry and flour.Add to Favourites