- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 41
- Fat Content: 0.2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Carbohydrate Content: 9.4g
- Sugar Content: 9.4g
- Fiber Content: 0.7g
- Protein Content: 0.6g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
Courgette & tomato chutney
- cider-vinegar - 500ml cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- brown-sugar - 400g brown sugar (any brown sugar will work)
- mixed-spice - 1 tbsp mixed spice
- mustard-seed - 2 tbsp yellow mustard seed
- cinnamon-stick - 1 cinnamon stick
- onion - 4 onions, chopped
- courgette - 1kg courgettes, diced
- tomato - 1kg tomatoes, chopped
- apple - 4 eating apples, peeled and diced
- sultana - 300g sultana
- Put the vinegar, 300ml water, sugar and spices in a very large pan. Heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves then add the rest of the ingredients with a tsp of salt.
- Bring back to a simmer then simmer uncovered for 2 1/2 hours until darkened, thick and chutney-like.
- To sterilise the jars, wash thoroughly in very hot soapy water. Rinse in very hot water then put on a baking sheet in a 140C/fan 120C/gas 1 oven until completely dry.
- Pour the chutney into the sterilised jars while still hot, seal and leave in a cool dark place for at least 3 weeks before opening.
Chutney recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has cider vinegar, brown sugar, mixed spice, mustard seed, cinnamon stick, onion, courgette, tomato, apple and sultana.Add to Favourites