- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 168
- Fat Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 16g
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
Courgetti fritters with tomato salsa
- cherry-tomato - 300g pack of room temperature, ripe vine cherry tomatoes, chopped
- coriander - 1 small pack of coriander, leaves and stalks chopped (save stalks for the fritters)
- lime - zest and juice of 1 lime (save zest for the fritters)
- green-chilli - 1 green chilli, finely chopped, deseeded, if you like
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- courgette - 3 courgettes (about 500g), ends trimmed and spiralized into thin noodles
- spring-onions - 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ground-cumin - 1 tsp ground cumin
- self-raising-flour - 100g self-raising flour
- large-egg - 1 large egg, beaten
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil, for frying
- Combine all the salsa ingredients together in a bowl and season with salt and pepper then set aside to let the flavour develop.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the spiralized courgette, spring onions, coriander stalks, lime zest, cumin and flour (you may need to cut some of the longer courgetti in half). Stir in the beaten egg and season with salt and black pepper.
- Working in 2 batches, heat half the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Shape the fritters with your hands then then fry for 2-3 mins on each side until golden. Serve warm with the tomato salsa.
Sharing recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has cherry tomato, coriander, lime, green chilli, garlic clove, extra virgin olive oil, courgette, spring onions, ground cumin, self-raising flour, large egg and olive oil.