- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 191
- Fat Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 25g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 0.68g
Crab & sweetcorn chowder
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- leek - 1 leek, green and white parts separated and sliced
- carrot - 2 carrots, chopped
- vegetable-stock - 850ml-1 litre/1 1/2 pints - 1 3/4 pints low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- potato - 1 large potato, diced
- sweetcorn - 175g/ 6oz frozen sweetcorn
- crabmeat - 170g can white crabmeat, drained
- creme-fraiche - 4 tbsp light creme fraiche
- chive - 1 tsp chopped chives
- Put the onion, white part of the leek and carrots in a large pan and pour on a few tbsp of the stock. Cook over a medium heat for about 10 mins, stirring regularly until soft. Add a splash more stock if the vegetables start to stick.
- Add the potato, green leek and most of the stock, and simmer for 10-15 mins, until the potato is tender. Tip in the sweetcorn and crab meat, then cook for a further 1-2 mins. Remove from the heat and stir in the creme fraiche and some seasoning. Add the rest of the stock if the soup is too thick. Sprinkle with the chives and serve with brown bread, if you like.
Diabetes-friendly recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has onion, leek, carrot, vegetable stock, potato, sweetcorn, crabmeat, crème fraîche and chive.