- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 46
- Fat Content: 0g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Carbohydrate Content: 0g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 0g
Cranberry, pineapple & date chutney
- cooking-apple - 1kg cooking apple
- pineapple - 1 medium pineapple (about 500g/1lb 2oz prepared weight)
- onion - 500g onion
- cranberry - 350g cranberry
- date - 500g bag stoned date
- raisin - 250g raisin
- garlic-clove - 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- root-ginger - 10cm fresh root ginger, grated
- chilli-flakes - 1 tsp chilli flakes
- cumin - 1 tbsp ground cumin
- coriander - 1 tbsp ground coriander
- cinnamon - 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- salt - 2 tsp salt
- vinegar - 1 1/2 l spiced vinegar
- light-muscovado-sugar - 750g light muscovado sugar
- Peel, core and roughly chop the apples and pineapple. Peel and roughly chop the onions. Mix together the apples, pineapple, onions, cranberries, dates, raisins, garlic and ginger.
- Put the mix of fruit and vegetables in batches through the food processor until finely chopped. Tip into a large wide pan or preserving pan.
- Add the spices, salt and vinegar and bring to the boil. Simmer for 20 mins until the apple is pulpy, then add the sugar and stir to dissolve. Bring to theboil, then simmer for about 40-45 mins, until the chutney is thick and pulpy.
- Pot into warm, sterilised jars. Seal, label and store for at least a month in a cool dry place.
Chutney recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has cooking apple, pineapple, onion, cranberry, date, raisin, garlic clove, root ginger, chilli flakes, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, salt, vinegar and light muscovado sugar.Add to Favourites