- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 672
- Fat Content: 21g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 80g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 36g
- Sodium Content: 1g
Creamy chicken, squash & pecan pasta
- chicken-stock - 1l chicken stock
- butternut-squash - 1/2 butternut squash, peeled and chopped into small chunks
- chicken-breasts - 2 chicken breasts
- pasta - 400g pasta (we used casarecce)
- cream-cheese - 50g cream cheese
- pecans - 75g pecans, chopped
- flat-leaf-parsley - small pack flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- parmesan - 25g parmesan grated, plus extra to serve
- Pour the stock into apanand bring to a simmer. Add the squash and chicken, cover and bubble gently for 15 mins, or until the chicken and squash are cooked. If the chicken cooks first, remove from the pan, set aside and keep boiling the squash until tender. Scoop the squash out with a slotted spoon, leaving just the stock in the pan.
- Bring the stock back to the boil and add the pasta; the liquid should just cover the pasta. Cook, stirring regularly, until the pasta is just tender and most of the stock has been absorbed (top up with water if necessary). Shred the chicken.
- Return the squash to the pan and add the cream cheese, pecans, parsley and parmesan. Simmer for another min or two, then add the chicken. Season and serve with extra parmesan, if you like.
Family meal recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has chicken stock, butternut squash, chicken breasts, pasta, cream cheese, pecans, flat-leaf parsley and parmesan.