- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 280
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 30g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 8g
- Sodium Content: 0.31g
Creamy rice with double apricots
- pudding-rice - 50g pudding rice
- soya-milk - 500ml carton long-life vanilla-flavoured sweetened soya milk alternative (we used UHT Provamel organic vanilla)
- apricot - 50g ready-to-eat dried apricots, chopped into small pieces
- caster-sugar - 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- soya - 250ml carton soya single cream alternative (we used UHT Provamel Soya Dream)
- apricot - 8 tbsp apricot compote or 4 tbsp apricot conserve
- pistachio - 1 tbsp shelled pistachio nuts, chopped
- Put the rice and soya milk into a medium-sized saucepan, stir and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat immediately or the soya will bubble up and can easily boil over. Half cover the pan with a lid then cook gently for 40-45 minutes over a very low heat, stirring occasionally until the rice has swollen and is very tender. The mixture should be thick and creamy.
- While the rice is cooking, mix together the apricots, sugar and single cream alternative.
- Remove the rice from the heat, leave to cool for 15 minutes, then stir in the apricot mixture. Spoon into 4 small tumblers or glass dishes. Cover and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes (or longer if you have the time).
- To serve, spoon two tbsp of apricot compote or 1 tbsp of conserve on top of each dessert and scatter the pistachios on top.
Dairy-free recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has pudding rice, soya milk, apricot, caster sugar, soya, apricot and pistachio.Add to Favourites