- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 449
- Fat Content: 25g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 17g
- Sugar Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 38g
- Sodium Content: 0.8g
Creamy salmon with chunky ratatouille
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- aubergine - 2 aubergines, cubed
- garlic-clove - 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- pepper - family pack mixed peppers (5 total), deseeded and cut into large chunks
- courgette - 3 large courgettes, cut into chunky batons
- passata - 680g bottle passata
- vegetable-stock - 300ml vegetable stock
- basil-leaf - small handful basil leaves, most chopped, a few leaves left whole to serve
- cream-cheese - 125g tub garlic cream cheese (we used Boursin Light)
- cream-cheese - 100g low-fat cream cheese
- breadcrumb - 40g fresh breadcrumb
- pine-nut - 40g pine nut, roughly chopped
- salmon-fillet - 8 skinless salmon fillets
- crusty-bread - crusty bread, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick wok or pan, add the aubergines and cook for 5 mins, stirring, until starting to soften and brown. Add the garlic and stir for a few secs. Tip in the peppers, courgettes, passata, stock and half the chopped basil. Season, cover and cook for 20 mins, stirring occasionally, until the veg is just tender. Cool, stir in the remaining basil and spoon into 8 x 250ml shallow ovenproof dishes or foil containers.
- For the salmon, beat together the cheeses. Mix the breadcrumbs and pine nuts on a plate. Spread the top of the fish fillets with the cheese mix, then dip in the nutty crumbs to coat the cheese. Put a fillet on top of each ratatouille-filled dish.
- Put the dishes inside freezer bags and seal. Use within 6 weeks. To serve, unwrap the dishes, put on a baking tray in a cold oven, then set to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. Bake for 55 mins until bubbling and the fish is cooked. Check after 30 mins - if the crumbs are getting too brown, cover the fish with foil. Serve scattered with basil, with bread, if you like.
Batch cooking recipe for 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has olive oil, aubergine, garlic clove, pepper, courgette, passata, vegetable stock, basil leaf, cream cheese, cream cheese, breadcrumb, pine nut, salmon fillet and crusty bread.