- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 564
- Fat Content: 35g
- Saturated Fat Content: 19g
- Carbohydrate Content: 35g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 25g
- Sodium Content: 1.2g
Creamy tarragon chicken & potato bake
- unsalted-butter - 60g unsalted butter
- skinless-boneless-chicken-thigh - 6 skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- pancetta - 80g smoked pancetta, cut into small pieces
- onion - 2 large onions, sliced
- plain-flour - 40g plain flour
- chicken-stock - 500ml chicken stock
- tarragon - 3 tbsp finely chopped tarragon
- wholegrain-mustard - 2-3 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- double-cream - 4 tbsp double cream
- mashed-potato - 2 x 450g packs fresh prepared mashed potato
- olive-oil - drizzle of olive oil
- Melt 20g of the butter in a flameproof casserole dish over a medium heat. Season the chicken and add to the dish with the pancetta. Fry for 5 mins until the pancetta is crispy and the chicken browned and cooked through. Set aside in a bowl.
- Lower the heat, add the remaining butter and, when it starts foaming, add the onions. Cook for 10 mins until softened, then stir through the flour and cook for another 2 mins. Remove from the heat and slowly whisk in the chicken stock. Return to the hob, bring to the boil and cook for 5 mins. Stir through the tarragon, mustard and cream, followed by the chicken and pancetta, and cook for another 5 mins until the sauce is thickened.
- Heat the grill to high. Heat the mashed potato following pack instructions, then spoon on top of the chicken filling in the casserole dish. Smooth and swirl the potato over right to the edges, drizzle with a little olive oil and put under the grill for 8-10 mins or until the top is golden and bubbling.
Cheap eat recipe for 6 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has unsalted butter, skinless boneless chicken thigh, pancetta, onion, plain flour, chicken stock, tarragon, wholegrain mustard, double cream, mashed potato and olive oil.