- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 381
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 61g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 1.1g
Creamy tomato risotto
- chopped-tomato - 400g can chopped tomato
- vegetable-stock - 1l vegetable stock
- butter - knob of butter
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- rosemary - 1 rosemary sprig, finely chopped
- risotto-rice - 250g risotto rice
- cherry-tomato - 300g cherry tomato, halved
- basil - small pack basil, roughly torn
- parmesan - 4 tbsp grated parmesan
- Tip the chopped tomatoes and half the stock into a food processor and pulse until smooth. Pour into a saucepan with the remaining stock, bring to a gentle simmer and keep over a low heat.
- Meanwhile, place the butter and oil in the base of a large saucepan and heat gently until the butter has melted. Add the onion and gently cook for 6-8 mins until softened. Stir in the garlic and rosemary, then cook for 1 min more. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 1 min.
- Start adding the hot stock and tomato mixture about a quarter at a time. Let the risotto cook, stirring often, adding more stock as it is absorbed. After you have added half the stock, add the cherry tomatoes. After 20-25 mins, the rice should be creamy and tender, the cherry tomatoes softened and all of the stock should be used up.
- Cover and leave for 1 min, then stir in the basil. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan and a good grinding of black pepper.
Healthy rice recipe for 4 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has chopped tomato, vegetable stock, butter, olive oil, onion, garlic clove, rosemary, risotto rice, cherry tomato, basil and parmesan.