- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 257
- Fat Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 31g
- Sugar Content: 16g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 0.42g
Creamy veggie korma
- vegetable-oil - 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- cardamom-pod - 3 cardamom pods, bashed
- ground-cumin - 2 tsp each ground cumin and coriander
- ground-turmeric - 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- green-chilli - 1 green chilli, deseeded (if desired) and finely chopped
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ginger - thumb-size piece ginger, finely chopped
- vegetable - 800g mixed vegetable, such as carrots, cauliflower, potato and courgette, chopped
- vegetable-stock - 300-500ml hot vegetable stock
- frozen-pea - 200g frozen peas
- yogurt - 200ml yogurt
- ground-almond - 2 tbsp ground almonds (optional)
- chicken-breast - 1/2 small raw chicken breast per portion
- almond - toasted flaked almonds, chopped coriander, basmati rice or naan bread
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Cook onion with the dry spices over a low heat for 5-6 mins until the onion is light golden. Add the chilli, garlic and ginger and cook for 1 min, then throw in the mixed vegetables and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Divide the mixture appropriately between two pans if serving vegetarians and meat eaters. Chop the chicken into small chunks and stir into one pan. Add the stock, dividing between the pans appropriately, and simmer for 10 mins (if only cooking the veggie version in one pan, use 300ml stock; if dividing between two pans, add 250ml to each). Divide the peas, if necessary, and add, cooking for 3 mins more until the veg are tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the yogurt and ground almonds, if using. Serve sprinkled with the toasted almonds and coriander, with basmati rice or naan bread on the side.
Easy family curry recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has vegetable oil, onion, cardamom pod, ground cumin, ground turmeric, green chilli, garlic clove, ginger, vegetable, vegetable stock, frozen pea, yogurt, ground almond, chicken breast and almond.