- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 229
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 18g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 21g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
Crispy chicken strips
- buttermilk - 150ml buttermilk, or skimmed milk mixed with 2 tsp lemon juice then left for 5 mins
- chicken - 2 large skinless chicken breasts or 4 small pieces pork escalope
- panko-breadcrumbs - 50g panko breadcrumbs
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- ketchup - 2 tbsp ketchup
- soy-sauce - 1 tsp soy sauce
- white-wine-vinegar - 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
- carrot - 2 large or 4 small carrots (about 300g), peeled and grated
- lemon - 1/2 lemon, juiced
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- baked-potato - baked potatoes, to serve
- Pour the buttermilk into a wide, shallow bowl. Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally and pat dry with kitchen paper. Turn them over in the buttermilk, leave in the dish and chill for 1 hr. Meanwhile, for the salad, mix the carrot with the lemon juice and olive oil. Mix the sauce ingredients together in another bowl and set both aside.
- Heat a large,non-stick frying pan, tip in the breadcrumbs and toast in the dry pan for 2-3 mins until pale brown, stirring regularly so they don't burn. Tip into a bowl and break up any large clumps.
- Heat oven to 230C/210C fan/gas 8. Tip the crumbs onto a large plate, then lift the chicken breasts from the buttermilk, and roll them in the crumbs, making sure they are coated evenly.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp of oil in a non-stick frying pan. Fry the chicken for 1-2 mins over a medium-high heat, then turn it over, adding the rest of the oil and fry for 1 min more.
- Transfer the chicken to abaking sheetand bake for 5 mins, then rest for 5 mins and cut into strips. Serve the chicken and the carrot salad with the sauce and baked potatoes.
Family meal recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has buttermilk, chicken, panko breadcrumbs, rapeseed oil, ketchup, soy sauce, white wine vinegar, carrot, lemon, olive oil and baked potato.