- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 517
- Fat Content: 14g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 36g
- Sugar Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 13g
- Protein Content: 55g
- Sodium Content: 1.5g
Crispy paprika chicken with tomatoes & lentils
- chicken-breasts - 2 chicken breasts
- smoked-paprika - 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- lemon - 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- rapeseed-oil - 1 1/2 tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove
- fennel-seeds - 1 tsp fennel seeds
- fennel-bulb - 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- cherry-tomatoes - 400g can cherry tomatoes
- sherry-vinegar - 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- puy-lentils - 200g pouch Puy lentils
- watercress - 100g watercress
- natural-yogurt - 2 tbsp natural yogurt
- dill - handful of dill, leaves picked
- Put the chicken breasts between two sheets of baking parchment and, using arolling pin, roll to a 1cm thickness. Rub with the paprika, lemon zest, 1/2 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Cover and set aside while you start the lentils.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan and add the garlic, fennel seeds and fennel slices with a pinch of salt. Cook for 5 mins until starting to soften, then tip in the tomatoes, vinegar and lentils. Turn down the heat and leave to bubble away.
- Heat anothernon-stick frying panover a high heat, add the chicken breasts and cook for 7 mins, turning halfway, until golden brown and cooked through. Add the watercress to the lentils and stir to wilt, then squeeze in the lemon juice. Slice the chicken then serve it alongside the lentils with a dollop of yogurt and dill.
Healthy summer recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has chicken breasts, smoked paprika, lemon, rapeseed oil, garlic clove, fennel seeds, fennel bulb, cherry tomatoes, sherry vinegar, puy lentils, watercress, natural yogurt and dill.