- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 706
- Fat Content: 34g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 62g
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 39g
- Sodium Content: 1.7g
Crispy sesame fish burger with lime mayo
- white-fish - 250g sustainable white fish fillets, such as cod, haddock or pollock
- plain-flour - 2 tbsp plain flour
- egg - 1 egg, beaten
- breadcrumb - 4 tbsp dried breadcrumb (we used panko)
- sesame-seed - 2 tbsp sesame seed
- vegetable-oil - vegetable oil, for frying
- avocado - 1 ripe avocado
- lime - juice 1 lime
- coriander - small pack coriander, chopped
- mayonnaise - 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- burger-bun - 2 burger buns, split and toasted
- Cut the fish into 4 chunky fingers. Put the flour in a bowl with some seasoning, put the egg in another bowl, and the breadcrumbs and sesame seeds in a third. Dust the fish fingers in flour, then dip in egg and, finally, coat in breadcrumbs. Chill for 10 mins, if you have time.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a frying pan and cook the fish fingers for 3-4 mins each side until golden and cooked through, adding a drizzle more oil if the pan looks too dry.
- Meanwhile, stone, peel and slice the avocado, squeeze over a little of the lime juice to prevent it from turning brown, then mix the remaining lime juice and coriander into the mayonnaise.
- To serve, spread a little mayo over the base of each bun, top with 2 fish fingers, a few slices of avocado and the bun lid. Serve the remaining mayo on the side.
Burger recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has white fish, plain flour, egg, breadcrumb, sesame seed, vegetable oil, avocado, lime, coriander, mayonnaise and burger bun.Add to Favourites